Kerala PG Entrance 2012
Applications are invited by Kerala University from eligible candidates for the Entrance Test 2012, for admission to Post-Graduate Degree programmes in the teaching departments of the University. Entrance Test is a MUST for all those who are desirous of seeking admission to PG courses in the University Teaching Departments. Admission to PG Programmes will be on the basis of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination and the Common Entrance Test, in the ratio 50:50.
Bachelor's degree with the required minimum as specified in the concerned subject as follows :
* English : BA / BSc with 50% in Part I or 45% in Part III & IV Optional English Main with relaxation for SC/ST students.
* Philosophy : BA with 50% or BSc with 55% minimum marks with relaxation of marks for SC/ST students.
* Archaeology : BA / BSc Degree with 45% marks.
* History : BA History / Politics / English / Economics / Philosophy / Sociology / Social Science / BBA with 50% marks.
* Sociology : Graduate in any subject in Faculty of Arts / Social Science / Science / Commerce with 45% marks. Relaxation of marks for SC/ST.
* Economics : BA Economics or BSc Mathematics / Statistics with 50% marks relaxation of marks for SC/ST.
* Political Science : BA Politics / Economics / History / Philosophy / Law / Journalism / Social Science Subjects with 50% marks, for SC/ST 35%
* Psychology : A pass in BA / BSc Psychology
* Hindi : BA Hindi Main or BA / BSc with Hindi in Part II with aggregate maximum of 300 marks in Hindi with relaxation for SC/ST students.
* Malayalam : BA Malayalam 50% marks or 50% in Part II Malayalam language for SC/ST pass only.
* Linguistics : BA / BSc / BCom degree with 50% marks.
* Arabic : BA degree in Arabic or Arabic as Second Language at degree level.
* Islamic History : BA in Islamic History or students of Social Science subjects with 50% marks at degree level.
* Sanskrit : BA Sanskrit – BA Sanskrit Special with any specialization – or BA with Sanskrit as Second Additional Language with 45% marks.
* Tamil : BA Tamil or Second Language with 50% marks.
* German : BA – BSc degree with Post Diploma course or Second Class with Diploma or 50% marks secured in Part II German.
* Russian : A pass in any degree recognized by University of Kerala and Diploma in Russian or Integrated Diploma in Russian or BA, BSc Part II Russian.
* Music : BA Music / BPA with 50% marks
* Aquatic Biology & Fisheries : BSc Zoology with 55% marks in Part III
* Bio Chemistry : BSc Chemistry main or BSc Biochemistry / Chemistry – Core subject restructured course with 55% in Part III.
* Botany : BSc Botany with 55% marks in Part III/Tipple Main with Botany
* Chemistry : BSc Chemistry main with Mathematics as Subsidiary with 55% marks.
* Demography : 55% marks for BSc Mathematics – Statistics or 50% marks for BA Economics, Sociology, Geography, Anthropology with Statistics Subsidiary or have opted Mathematics at Pre-degree level.
* Geology : BSc Geology with 55% marks in Part III
* Mathematics : BSc Mathematics with 55% marks in Part III
* Physics : BSc Physics with Mathematics as subsidiary and 55% marks in Part III
* Statistics : BSc Statistics or BSc Mathematics with Statistics as subsidiary with 55% marks.
* Zoology : BSc Zoology with 55% marks.
* Bio-technology : BSc in Zoology/Botany/Micro Biology/Bio technology/Bio chemistry/ Environmental Science/ Aquatic Biology with 55% marks.
* Computer Science : Ist Class Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Computer Application / Electronics with 60% marks.
* Computational Biology : BSc (Computer Science) and allied areas BSc(Electronics, BCA, Information Technology, BSc Bioinformatics, BSc Mathematics and BTech in any branch. (Life Science students are not eligible for admission).
* Environmental Science : BSc Botany / Zoology / Life Science / Environmental Science / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Biochemistry / Geology with 55% marks.
* MCom : BCom with 50% marks with relaxation for SC/ST
* MLISc : Bachelors Degree of University of Kerala or a Degree of any other University recognized as equivalent thereto with 50% marks aggregate.
* MEd : BEd with 50% marks and MA , M.Sc or MCom with 50% marks.
* LLM : LLB Degree with 50% marks.
* MCJ : Any degree Arts 50% Science 55% in Part III.
* MSW : Graduate in Social Science, Commerce, Law, BSW, BBA & Science Graduates.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM :
There will be two parts in the application form. "Form A" – Application for Entrance Test for PG Admissions in the departments of Kerala University. "Form B" – Application for admission to Department of ______ (Name of subject) for admission to MA / MSc / MCom / MCJ / LLM / MLISc / MEd / MSW etc. Additional xerox copies of Form B has to be used separately when applying for more than one subject provided they had remitted an additional fee of Rs.50/- for each additional subject applied (If DD Rs.70/-).
FORM A : Filled in Application Form-A along with the Demand Draft / Challan, the Hall ticket portion and a self addressed stamped cover for Rs.5/- should be sent to "THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR, CREDIT AND SEMESTER SYSTEM, UNIVERSITY OF KERALA, KARIAVATTOM P.O., THIRUVANANTHAPURAM-695581" so as to reach before 5 PM on 5th May 2012.
FORM B : Should be filled and sent addressed to the PROF & HEAD, DEPARTMENT OF…………………… (Name of the Teaching Department the student seeks admission) UNIVERSITY OF KERALA, KARIAVATTOM P.O., THIRUVANANTHAPURAM-695581.
Candidates applying for MA English, MCom, MLISc, RUSSIAN AND GERMAN should sent to THE PROF & HEAD, DEPARTMENT OF……………..(Name of the department the student seeks admission) UNIVERSITY OF KERALA, PALAYAM, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM.
Students applying for MA Music should sent Form-B addressed to THE PROF & HEAD, DEPARTMENT OF MUSIC, THYCAUD P.O., THIRUVANANTHAPURAM. Students applying for MEd should sent Form-B addressed to THE HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT, DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, UNIVERSITY OF KERALA, THYCAUD P.O., THIRUVANANTHAPURAM.
Each APPLICATION FORM-B should be accompanied with copy of Marklist and Community certificate and other relevant certificates.
* LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM-B to the concerned Teaching Department : 5 August 2012
* CENTRE OF EXAMINATION : Test will be conducted at Thiruvananthapuram only.
* DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAMINATION : 25.05.2012
For further details, logon to :
Relaxation of marks upto 5% will be given to SC/ST candidates. Students who have appeared or are appearing for their qualifying examination may also apply, provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria, at the time of admission.
Application Form :
Application form can be downloaded from : www.keralauniversity.ac.in
Registration Fees :
A registration fee of Rs.260/- (Rs.135/- for SC/ST candidates) has been prescribed. However if a candidate appears for admission test for more than one PG Programme Rs.50/- (Rs.25/- for SC/ST) may be added for each additional subject applied for. The Registration Fee in the form of DD / University Chalan should be attached with Form-A.
Mode of Remittance :
Remittance at the University of Kerala Cash Counter Chalan / Demand Draft drawn on SBT / SBI / District Co-operative Bank in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Kerala, payable at Trivandrum. In case of DD Registration Fee is Rs.280/- .